The Thorburn Group, a Minneapolis branding agency, is looking for an ultra-organized Account Coordinator for a one-semester internship in their downtown office. This is your opportunity to learn the ropes of agency life and client management from the ground floor with an emphasis on developing marketing acumen and integrated marketing skills. As an Account Coordinator Intern, you bring interest, enthusiasm and assistance in making projects and ideas happen. Specifically, you will assist in doing all tasks related to clients in the agency, including organizing calls, meetings, sending agendas, creative briefings and project kick-offs, reviewing creative projects, assisting in developing scopes of work. You’ll also help with business development and proposals for new accounts. Ongoing. You may have opportunity to work with outside media partners in media planning and execution, overseeing smaller projects with guidance from an account mentor. Exceptional collaboration skills across departments makes you a perfect go-to with a can-do attitude and work ethic.
- Handle correspondence with clients around creative project details
- Work with Account Director on scopes and proposals for new business opportunities
- Assist in proofreading, delivering files to vendors, helping source assets for teams, as needed.
- Learn to use social media marketing tools and paid placement tools
- Understand processes of Salesforce for time recording, invoice processing, running reports, tracking project hours and initiating client billing to assist Account Director
- Work with project management in learning how to develop and manage comprehensive timelines, meeting agendas and scopes, budgets and estimates
- Conduct competitive analytics and develop PPT presentation decks for competitive reviews, media plans, strategic direction for internal and/or client meetings
- Manage case studies, gathering assets and content, for projects as part of agency business development.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Marketing aptitude
- Proactive, creative self-starter but also collaborative team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Acute attention to detail and organizational skills
- Responsive and able to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust as circumstances change
- Overall rock star with a sense of humor and curiosity toward other cultures
- Previous internship valued
- General understanding of print, digital, brand, social, media
- In a Bachelor’s degree program (advertising, communications or related field) with degree expected within a year
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, Salesforce, Basecamp, Google Drive, Keynote
- Social media platforms, social media analytics, competitive analysis experience, SEO, organic and paid social media and Google Adwords certification
If you feel this internship fits you perfectly, please apply through the link. AA/EOE. No phone calls please.