You don’t just bring insightful questions to current marketing plans and client initiatives, you bring a gusto and enthusiasm for inspired ideas and new ways of thinking. “Resourceful” is your middle name, working with the Account Director to solve client and project problems, assisting the Account Director in managing account details participating in meetings, facilitating communications with clients, as requested, and helping formulate plans for the broader team. This position is the start to a career in account service with an emphasis on developing marketing acumen and client management skills. Specifically, you will be the right hand of the
Account Director, handling calls, creative briefings and project kick-offs, reviewing creative projects, assisting in developing scopes of work, learning aspects of project management to estimate and execute projects on time, on budget. You’ll also work with outside
media partners in media planning and execution and overseeing smaller projects with guidance from an account mentor. Exceptional collaboration skills across departments makes you perfect go-to with a can-do attitude and work ethic.
If this describes you, please consider applying for the Account Coordinator position with The Thorburn Group, a branding agency based in Minneapolis.
- Work with Account Director in managing client relationships, strategy, SOWS, new business proposals and closing out projects upon completion.
- Assist in proofreading, delivering files to vendors, helping source assets for teams, as needed.
- Understand processes of Salesforce for time recording, invoice processing, running reports, tracking project hours and initiating client billing to assist Account Director in managing overall client profitability.
- Work closely with creative director and creative team to understand the client’s brand, competitive set, business and marketing objectives as well as project nuances.
- Collaborate with project management on schedules and deadlines
- Conduct competitive analysis and develop PPT presentation decks
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Marketing aptitude
- Proactive, creative self-starter that’s also a collaborative team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Acute attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and a note taking aficionado
- Responsive and able to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust as circumstances change; this is agency life.
- 1-3 years agency or marketing experience
- Understanding of print, digital, branding, social, media
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software, Salesforce, Basecamp, Google Drive, and Keynote software
- Bonus points for knowledge of social media platforms, social media analytics, competitive analysis experience, SEO, organic and paid social media, Google Adwords certification
If you feel this position fits you perfectly, please apply through the link. AA/EOE. No phone calls please.