Stamats Communications, Inc, is looking for a Financial Analyst to provide analytical and reporting support to our organization. A successful addition to our team will dive into processes and search out ways to support others, while offering an opportunity to learn and perform many of the functions necessary to successfully manage finances at a mid-sized business. This position will have exposure to all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing financial analysis, including costing, pricing, and resource management.
- Providing reporting on the financial performance of projects across the organization.
- Supporting projects within sales and accounting system to ensure accurate reporting and GAAP compliance.
- Interpreting sales opportunities and contract documents and entering them into the sales and accounting system.
- Understanding project scope and ensure costs are applied to the correct project.
- Providing support to our resource planning and purchase order processes.
- Providing budgeting for projects, proposals, and annual company budgets.
- Providing backup support for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Reporting to the Director of Finance and provide ad-hoc analysis and support to the Finance Department.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, or equivalent experience
- The ability to learn and a willingness self-teach
- The ability to frame a problem and develop a process to solve the problem
- An understanding of spreadsheets and a desire to learn more about using them to solve problems
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Initiative to finish projects with little oversight
This position is based in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa, headquarters, but will have to travel to our Minneapolis office once a month.
If you think you are qualified for this position, please upload your cover letter with salary requirements and a current resume to the link below. No phone calls, please. AA/EOE