Social Media Intern at The Thorburn Group in Minneapolis
Join us, work hard and have fun coordinating and creating an online presence for clients and for the agency. We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, yet collaboratively, contributing ideas and making an impact.
Ideally you have a love for storytelling, creative thinking and all aspects of social media. You’ll have a strong ability to create and curate original content true to a brand across all social media platforms. And, you’ll suggest ways to build and promote clients, increase engagement and web traffic metrics.
- Manage and maintain agency social media accounts and blog
- Develop creatively engaging copy, image and video content for channels
- Monitor social channels and feeds
- Engage with followers on social platforms
- Conduct competitive analysis and reporting for clients, as assigned
- Participate in planning strategies and developing creative ideas
- Monitor trends in digital technologies and proactively share knowledge
- Recommend content, editorial calendar and optimal posting schedule
- Oversee analytics and collaborate with media team on paid campaigns
- Suggest new ways to grow client brands via promotions, partnerships, influencers
- Knowledge of social media platforms with focus on LinkedIn, FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter
- Understanding of search and keyword research
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Willingness to learn social media management tools, like SproutSocial
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Proactive, creative self-starter that’s also a collaborative team player
- Responsive and able to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust as circumstances change; this is agency life
- Strong communicator
- Bachelor’s degree or in degree program for Journalism, Communications, Marketing or equivalent
This is a part time internship located in the Thorburn Group offices in Minneapolis.
Send your cover letter & resume to link or mail to Human Resources, Stamats Communications, Inc., 615 5th St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52401. AA/EOE. No phone calls, please.